Monday, December 26, 2011

What your skin says about you: Dehydration

Hello guys,

This post will provide some basic information about how the skin is a great indicator about what's happening inside our bodies. For instance, being dehydrated is often manifested on the outside as dry, dull skin.

The skin is the largest organ on the body. It is a reflection of what's going on inside the body. Pay attention to your skin. Perform body checks often for any changes to your skin. Changes internally often manifest externally, sometimes through dry and dull-looking skin. 

I try my best to make sure that I stay hydrated with water, but sometimes that doesn't always happen. Most recently, I found myself dehydrated. I could tell that I was dehydrated, because my skin was dry, my lips were dry and I was fatigued; all of which are common symptoms of dehydration. I have a water bottle that I fill up 2-3 times everyday to make sure that I get enough water, but that one particular day, it was even half way done.
Water and hydration is essential for life. You need water to survive. Water is important to remove toxins and waste from the body. Water is also important for healthy skin and hair. Water is important for everything either directly or indirectly for survival.

Feelings of dehydration isn't fun and chronic dehydration, can take a toll of your body with symptoms ranging from thirst, dizziness, dull, shriveled skin, and headaches to confusion. To combat dehydration, make sure that you are getting enough water each day. Keep track of your water intake with a water diary to make sure that you are getting enough water! You don't necessarily have to drink water to stay hydrated either. Teas, fruits, and vegetables can keep you hydrated as well. I would not drink alcohol and carbonated beverages, because they take water away.

www.lilia-lifeinoh.blogspot.com
Fruits which hydrate the body very well include:
  • watermelon (is 90% water)
  • cantaloupes
  • honey dew
  • oranges
  • grapefruit
Vegetables that hydrate the body very well include:
  • cucumbers
  • celery
  • www.lilia-lifeinoh.blogspot.com
    tomatoes
  • lettuce
Also, a good indicator of hydration is your urine. Check your urine for output and color. If your urine color is lightly colored and you're urinating every 2-4 hours, then you're hydrated. If you haven't urinated in more than 4 hours or if your urine is dark-yellow, then you're dehydrated.

I hope this was helpful! If you like this post, show it: Comment| Follow| Use Reaction Buttons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!