I thought that it would be helpful to share this simple hair moisturizer that I've been using for almost a year now. I enjoy this moisturizer or styler, simply because it allows me to achieve great twists for my fabulous up-dos and it adds a level of moisturize to my hair that is always needed.
If you like what you see please Comment| Follow| Use Reaction Buttons.All you need: two ingredients:
1. aloe vera gel
2. oil of your choice (in this tutorial I use coconut oil)
Why do I use coconut oil you might ask. Well the benefits of coconut oil are vast. Let's take a look, while focusing on hair shall we:
- Conditions the hair very well, because it is able to penetrate the hair shaft.
- Works well to combat an itchy, dry scalp
- Works well to prevent dryness and breakage. Afro-textured hair is prone to breakage and dryness and we all know that dryness+breakage = minimal hair retention
- Helps to lock in moisturizer that you've put into the hair with water
- Strengthens the hair from the inside
- Promotes hair growth
The Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel:
- Balances the pH of the hair and scalp
- Conditions and moisturizes the hair
- Prevents hair loss
- Provides a slight hold for hair styles (like my twist)
- Helps to detangle the hair
- Defines curls
Just combine your two ingredients by mixing well. Mix Mix Mix. Until you achieve a consistency featured in the video below.
If you choose coconut oil, make sure that it is melted first, as coconut oil is usually a solid at room temperature (pictured above).I hope you enjoy. If you like what you see please Comment| Follow| Use Reaction Buttons. I would really love to know if you tried this simple recipe and what your thoughts were on it.