Thursday, June 14, 2012

Zumba + Soca Music = Fun workouts!

Hello peeps! 

I am back with a new blog post under my new and improved blog name-----> Lilia's Healthbook!
Do you like the new name?

As a West Indian, I love soca music. I love dancing to soca music. I love listening to soca music.
I came across Shani McGraham's youtube channel. (btw I love YT). She combines my love for exercise and soca/reggae music effortlessly in well-choreographed Zumba steps.

My favorite Zumba workout from her channel is 'Bend Over' by Machel Montano



Before my workout I dance to 1 or 2 of her Zumba videos to warm up.

I enjoy physical activity and when physical activity is combined with awesome workout music makes exercising that much more enjoyable. 

Here are some of the many the benefits of consistent physical activity and exercise
  • Decreases stress levels by changing one's mood due to the release of endorphins
  • Allows you to sleep better at night
  • As you sweat, you rid the body of toxins
  • Burns extra calories
  • Maintains body shape
  • Tones and firms
  • Alleviates menstrual cramps
  • Enhances the immune system
  • Support the transport of oxygen throughout the body
  • Helps with mental focus and clarity etc. etc. etc.
Why do you exercise?

 Don't forget to Comment | Follow | Use Reaction Buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!