Monday, January 2, 2012

Skin Issues: Acne (and what you eat)


Acne...Acne...Acne...Gosh! The struggle has been long and hard. I've struggled with acne for years and now that I'm in my 20s, this acne seems to be going nowhere. It's like its stuck to me...(well on my face..I would show a picture, but I won't ;o), like glue. My struggles with acne are ridiculous and its time that I put an end to this rubbish.

I've tried creams, gels, soaps, lotions etc. etc. spending countless dollars on products that don't even work (well temporarily). So, I'm doing this video, because I understand the struggle. Everybody knows somebody who's struggled with acne...Heck, you might have it too. I know how acne can put a damper on your self-confidence. For real guys enough is enough and I am determined to have beautiful, sexy skin. I'm not saying that I will forever be acne free, but I what I am saying is that the appearance of my skin will be dramatically improved. I'm claimed it!

Through my research, I've found that acne really is an internal problem. Therefore, the creams or gels that we may be putting on our face is only addressing the symptoms of acne (redness, inflammation etc.) and NOT the root cause of the problem. This is why I have continued to have the constant annoying outbreaks that I truly hate...Yes hate.

I've found that what I put in my body, definitely shows up on my face. How? Well, a diet high in salt, simple sugars (i.e. desserts),dairy, and low in fruits and vegetables can make your skin look Yuck! Yuck as in the form of clogged pores, breakouts...ACNE.

Quality foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables (a lot of them everyday) is the answer to my skin. By consuming highly dense and nutritious foods, you are supplying your body with the nutrients, antioxidants, vital polynutrients needed to combat free radicals, detox the body, improve digestion, eliminate inflammation, build immunity and I could go on.

Slowly, I am getting rid of cow's milk and will be using strictly almond milk. I am also increasing my intake of vegetables and fruits. I've continued my fruit and vegetable smoothies, which I love and increasing my water intake. Now I'm waiting for results. In addition, I now use castor oil and jojoba oil as my skin moisturizer. I've been using those oils for about 1 year now and my skin reacts very well to them.

I hope my ACNE story/post was helpful to you. If you have any questions, ask them in the comment section of this blog. Thank you for taking the time to read, comment and rate (use the reaction button).

Additional Information:

2 comments:

  1. Accutane works. I know, the side effects are enough to give you nightmares - but don't let them scare you - this product works.

    Now that I am older, Retin A is what I use now that my acne is under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of both products. Thanks for the recommendations Celeste.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!