Sunday, January 15, 2012

My New Love: The Green Smoothie

Hello lovely people,

www.liliashealthbook.blogspot.com
I want to introduce you to my new love---the Green smoothie. What I love most about this smoothie is that it is highly nutritious--packed with fiber, vitamins A, C, D, E, K, magnesium, folate, iron, omega-3, calcium and I could go on, but I won't bore you.

I love the green smoothie, because it is so easy to make and the ingredient choices can vary depending on what you feel like eating. Best part of this smoothie is that you don't even taste the raw spinach.

In this green smoothie, I combined:
2 cups of spinach
1 cup of mixed fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, mango)
 ½ cup of almond milk
1 avocado
a handful of soaked almonds

The end result-- pure healthy deliciousness. You can always substitute or remove certain ingredients. No need to be confined to recipes. If you liked this post, why don't you follow the blog, comment, share, and rate using the reaction buttons. If you don't like this post, still rate it  :o)

Take care,



3 comments:

  1. YUM! That smoothie looks delicious! We just had smoothies on Friday night. Chopped frozen fruit with chunks of frozen yogurt and Vanilla Almond Milk and ice. We did add some Apple Schnapps. I just saw a movie that rocked me. It was a documentary on nutrition. Forks over Knives. You have to see it! Wow! The power of eating right! It is a must see! I saw it on my Netflix http://www.forksoverknives.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Celeste! I will definitely take a look. I just watched: Fat, Sick, and nearly dead. Its on Hulu. Also a must see. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to watch the movie you recommended. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!