Sunday, September 4, 2011

Little Known Ways to Eat More Fruits & Veggies

SEPTEMBER is 'Fruits & Vegetables- More Matters More Month'  - such a mouth full right!

 www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.com

Well, this post is not desired to bore you about the ever-ending health benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables. Here I will provide you with a few tips that may be helpful to you when shopping for fruits & vegetables:
  • A great tip when buying fruits and vegetables is to always buy in season . Summer is over & Fall has arrived! I love shopping in the Fall, because one of my favorites is in season...Pumpkins, acorn squash and butternut squash...I love cutting them into bite size pieces for a quick stir fry or mashing and frying them into fritters for a quick and tasty treat (which I tried today). Here is a great list of what you can find in season this Fall (& every Fall)
  • I usually opt for whole produce when at the grocery store, but buying frozen is just as nutritious. They're easier to store and take less time to prepare. I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for a quick and easy meals to compliment my busy schedule.
  • Don't forget to make a list of what you intend to buy once you get to the grocery store. Stick to you list once you get there. Doing so will help you save time and money. 


I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know by commenting or using the reaction buttons below :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!