Sunday, May 1, 2011

Interning at the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Hello friends,

One of my goals for the New Year was to apply and get accepted to a summer internship, preferably, one that was paid. Well, I got the internship, but it ain't paid. Trust me, I am not unhappy about this, because I will be an intern at one of the best places to intern (I hope)...The NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene :o) I am very excited about the opportunity to intern there. I have been in contact with my preceptor, Kasey, who seems very nice so far. I am especially excited about this internship, because as some of you may know, I aspire to work in the field of Public Health, which this internship is all about...Yay!

What will I be doing there? Good question.
My preceptor is the Farmers' Market Outreach Coordinator. Therefore, the work that I'll be doing involves working at the Farmers' Market, facilitating presentations and partnering with community-based organizations to encourage individuals to visit the Farmers Markets in NYC, where they can find affordable, healthy food options. In the next few weeks, I will have more information about my specific responsibilities. Can't wait to begin this internship and chronicle this new adventure.
The link to the website can be found here.

Now back to studying for my Final exam! Argh

Stay blessed,
Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!