Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's for Summer?



Summer is by far the best time of the year for me. I love summer: the warm air; the sun; spending more time with family & friends; the vacations; simply being outdoors.... (I could go on and on). Every summer, I usually set several goals for myself, meant to be accomplished at the end of the summer of course (even though it's not always the case). My goals for this summer include: 
  1. Working as an intern in the field of Public Health. Luckily, I landed an internship at the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
  2. Traveling….to Nova Scotia, Canada that is…I’m so excited about this trip  
  3. Practicing my French. I found a wonderful website on BBC, where you can French, Spanish, Italian, German and a host of other languages for 12 weeks. What’s even more exciting is that it’s free of charge.The website can be found here. I highly recommend this program
  4.   Conducting Research, Research, Research. I’m also excited about this as well, because I’ll begin research on my thesis.
  5. Becoming CPR/AED certified
  6. Spend more time with family & friends 
  7. Finally take the road test and pass it
  8. Reading as many books as I can. My current reading list includes (but not limited to):
A Mercy by Toni Morrison
Stop Self Sabotage by Pat Pearson
Money Smart Women by Janet Bodnar
The Presumption of Guilt by Charles Ogletree
Miracle at St. Anne by James McBride
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe


So what are your Summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!