Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Natural Skin Conditioning| Coconut Oil

Hello my friends,

It's almost time to order a new bottle.
I want to share with you one of the many uses of coconut oil. I've written two posts on how I use coconut oil before. So, you can see that I really enjoy coconut oil. 

A few days ago, I ran out of my usual body lotion, which I enjoy. However, I didn't want to re-purchase this lotion, even though it was a Burt's Bees product that was 99% natural and it was ideal for my sensitive skin. I've been meaning to use something that is much simpler and lasts longer.

I am never without coconut oil, since I use it primarily for my hair to create my updos, which I wear most of the time. 

Through research, I know that coconut oil is great for the skin, but I've never tried it before till a few days ago. I am pleasantly surprised with the outcome after only a few days. 

This is how I use it:
  1. With a bit of water still left on the skin, take a few drops (not much) of coconut oil and rub it all over. 
  2. Let it absorb into the skin for a about 3-5 minutes, before adding clothing. This is really my new staple product!
Photo credit: C/o www.revitaliseyourhealth.com
 Why Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil absorbs really well into the skin without that greasy feeling. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized. An added benefit is that coconut oil helps to firm the skin and delay wrinkles.

Bonus: Coconut oil contains vitamin E, which is known to reduce scarring and help heal existing scars. It also works well to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.

The benefits of this oil are so vast that I couldn't possibly name them all. 

If you try this, please let me know. I would love to hear about it :o)

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to use only natural beauty products by the end of summer. I've heard sooo much about coconut oil but I'm so used to shea butter. I think I will try it for a while and see how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it.I would love to hear your thoughts. I've used shea butter just a few times, but I find it to be a bi too thick. In the colder months, I know that I'll need a bit more moisture so what I'll do is do a body butter combining the two (i.e. shea butter and coconut oil). Thank you commenting YBV!

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments!