Saturday, September 11, 2010

Artist of the Week Series #2

Another Jamaican favorite of mine is none other than Junior Kelly. I had the pleasure of meeting Junior last summer in Brooklyn, NY at a charity performance he did to raise money for a high school in Jamaica. My boyfriend bought the tickets and I was really surprised, not to mention extremely excited to know that we were going to see him perform. I love J. Kelly's music, because it is rich, uplifting and captivating. His lyrics are 'deep' conscious-raising and soulful. What can I say, I love reggae music and I just love Junior Kelly!

My favorite songs of his are:
Love so Nice
Sunshine
Jah Give me Strength
Smile

P.S. If you click on the link, it will take you to his myspace site, where you can get to know more about him and his music. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!