Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Graduate School Affair!

Yet another update on what's going on in Grad School!

Last night was soooo much fun! As a grad student, you can lost in your department, never seeing other graduate students from other departments. This is why the Graduate Students' Association (GSA) exists: to provide the opportunity for other graduate students to meet other graduate schools from other departments. For example, the graduate school organized a bowling night that I attended with a friend from our department.

At the bowling alley we met other graduate students who were in the Psychology, Botany, Microbiology, and Zoology departments. We had such a fun time. My bowling was not that great (I believe I bowled like 6 gutters that night), but I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard and so long.

I encourage graduate students to step out of their bubbles, and meet other graduate students. There is so much more to graduate school than just academics  y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!