Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lavender Infused Coconut & Shea Body Butter


Yesterday was the perfect day to be a mixtress! It rained/snowed all day, which means ideal weather for me to stay in. 

I bought a small vial of lavender essential oil and wanted to use it in my next body butter recipe. My last batch of body butter ran out. You can find it here. I experimented by using different quantities of shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil, which is indicative in these two batches.The one of the right includes more butters. The batch on the left includes more coconut oil.

I no longer use store bought lotions for my body. Whipping up my own batch of oils and butters is all I need for healthy, moisturized skin. Oh, did I mention that lavender essential oil smells heavenly!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, where's my batch one of each plz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of going further with my shea butter mixtures. I'm gonna try this recipe out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! i made body butter for the first time yesterday. i am so excited to try new recipes. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Body Butter is great to keep on hand for all-day use. I keep a pump of it in the bathroom and use it all the time, especially after washing my hands. To get more body butter visit: www.vegantreeowl.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!