Okay, so we’ve all heard about a detoxification or a cleansing before.
Detoxification and Cleansing is an internal cleaning that aids the body in removing toxins and adding much needed nutrients to the cells.
Think of you digestive system as a drainage system; drainage systems gets clogged and dirty and so does our bodies. Detoxification & Cleansing of the body will get it cleaned and unclogged. The benefits of detoxifying and cleansing the body of toxic waste are numerous:
- Helps to clear the skin
- Purify the blood
- Improve digestion and bowel movements
- Improve immune function
- Improve function of all body organs
The TTM or the Transtheoretical Model.
The Stages of Change of the TTM looks at a person’s readiness to change behavior(s). There are 5 stages of Change:
- Precontemplation - This stage involves not even considering changing a behavior; may be in denial
- Contemplation – Thinking about changing behavior (s) in the distant future.
- Preparation – This change involves actively thinking about changing behavior(s) in the near future; steps have been taken to prepare for the behavior change.
- Action – this stage involves recently changed behavior; an overt change.
- Maintenance – In this change, behavior(s) has been changed; old behaviors are the things of the past.
So, where am I on the stages of change as I embark on this mini fruit & vegetable juice detox?
I’m currently at the Preparation stage. To prepare I’ve generated several juice and green smoothie recipes (may be salads). If you want me to share some of those with you, please let me know.
I think it’s important to determine the length of a detox. I’m doing this for a minimum of 3 days. Fruit & vegetables only! I’ve only done this for 24 hours before and to be honest this is not an easy task and I don't think think it's crazy!
Are you ready to begin a cleansing and detox program?