Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tips on Eating Healthier

Hello lovely people,


In this post, I have outlined a few tips for anyone who's ready to make healthier changes to their diet. These tips still hold true for me even though I eat a relative healthy diet each day.

Now that you've made the change to eat healthier, you want o make sure that you keep it that way. I hope these tips are helpful for you.

1. Make a conscious decision to eat an extra fruit or vegetable each day, whether that they are eaten in their whole form, blended or juiced. For example, I eat at least 2 fruits each day (usually a banana and orange or a banana and an apple). I've made the decision to  berries in my diet.

2. Dedicate a day to not eating any processed foods. That's no junk food, fries (unless you made them yourself), or fast food. Pretty soon you can extend that day to 2 days or more. Personally, I dedicate Saturday to only juicing and green smoothies.

3. Choose healthier snack options. I always gravitate to fruits, nuts or low fat yogurt.

4. Drink more water throughout the day instead of sugary drinks, sodas etc. Your body will thank you!

5. Plan out your meals ahead of time. This way you're more likely to eat healthier, instead of getting any and everything during your lunch break because you're hungry. I've been there and I don't like the feeling.

6. Make small changes to your diet. I don't recommend 'cold turkey,' because you're more likely to feel frustrated and overwhelmed, making it easier to gravitate to old habits. Reward yourself at each successful change. Doing so will motivate you to make more changes.

It requires discipline, dedication and focus to drastic changes to one's diet and lifestyle. However, the more you practice you have the easier it becomes, and eating healthier becomes second nature.

Stay tuned for an awesome juicing recipe using beets. I was skeptical at first...until I tried it.

Show your support: Comment| Follow| Use Reaction Buttons ;o)



3 comments:

  1. I ever since I started to eat healthier, I realize I still eat ALOT of processed food. I think I will definetely first the tip. And the fact that you dedicate Saturdays for juicing sounds interesting. Is that like a cleansing day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye hun. It's basically a mini detox for me. I don't feel like I'm starving myself at all, because I do a combination of fruit and vegetable juices and green smoothies. If you ever get the opportunity to dedicate any day to fruits and veggies, please let me know how it went. I would love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cece. Thanks. I'm aiming to shift my eating habits back to the essential foods. I know my body and face will thank me. I struggle with the discipline, but your advice of taking it step by step is definitely helpful, instead of cold turkey. I need to realize that it will take time. This, like life, is a process in which patience and perseverance are key. - Que

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!