Thursday, October 6, 2011

Treating Food like Medicine

Hi guys,

What I am sharing with you is MY philosophy on food and nutrition. I am not a licensed nutritionist, just a student in the Health Promotion field sharing her thoughts on how to maintain her overall health and well-being. 

Food should build, nourish, heal and most importantly nurture the human body. I am constantly making changes to my diet to ensure that my body is supplied with the nutrients/vitamins/minerals that it needs to function well; to repair 'wounds,' to generate healthy cells by inhibiting faulty or cancerous cells. Just like a mother protects her child from harm, food has the same effect on the human body. Recommendations for nutrients, vitamins, whole grains, fruits and vegetables are there for a reason. It has been shown that antioxidants found in berries, tomatoes, green tea and the like neutralizes free radicals in the body, aiding in the prevention of cancer and premature aging.

Source:www.Eatingwell.com
I think its necessary that what we put in our bodies is promoting health, and not necessarily because its its available. If the body is not protected and nurtured, it won't produce good results. I've seen the power of some foods to cause havoc and damage. However I've seen the power of food to reverse damage-like medicine that renews the human body too restore life, happiness, and balance. Good health is the most valuable asset in life. You can have all the nice things in the world and all the money in the world, but if you're too sick to enjoy it then what's the point!
Source: EatingWell


With all that being said, I'm not here to push my values unto you. I think its important to understand that food has the power to restore, transform, heal, and nourish the human body---like medicine.

I would love to hear what you have to say on the topic. Comment|Follow this blog for more topics like these| Use the reaction buttons. (o:

Stay healthy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!